February 10, 2009

A plan and some Flash Fiction

I have come up with a plan. I will send you a rough autographed copy of "The Definition of Kevin Gallagher" if you get one of your friends to follow my blog. I stole this promotional propaganda idea from Tao Lin, who is still a jerk and hasn't commented on my blog, even though I know he reads it. Commence laughter.

Sam has posted a new short story. Read it. It'll make you laugh.

Also here is a short thing I just wrote out of boredom. I know a few people have been asking for some more writing on here.



Over a Bag of Chips

In the cafeteria you caught me picking my nose over a bag of chips. I smiled but you shot me a look of disgust as if you've never seen anyone dig for buried treasure. I mouthed, "What" in your direction but you looked away because you didn't want to make eye contact. I sighed and decided that right then and there I had a crush on you.

Next week you found me at the same table, eating another bag of chips. This time I was staring at you, waiting for you to sit down so I could walk over. But then just as I was about to stand up I saw pick your nose then eat the greenish yellow substance stuck to your index finger. You caught me catching you, looked at me and mouthed, "What?" I looked at you some more and kept staring at you. I smiled. I walked over to you and your face became enthralled with excitement. I sat down next to you and said, "You're disgusting." Then I stood up and walked away. Your friends laughed at you. And you felt sad.

3 comments:

  1. Sam's story made me laugh.

    "Stinky jerk" is a great insult and a much needed addition to American contemporary cultural communication.

    Good job.

    I liked your flash fiction, Glen. I think you could find a decent niche in a sort of 'everyday ordinary things that occur explained more thoroughly through narration' kind of style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. And thanks, DJ. I'm glad you noticed that style. It's what I've been aiming for lately. I wish I had more people read my work and say, "This is good, this is a good style. I like it, I will tell all my friends about him."

    ReplyDelete