January 24, 2019

2 Things

Photo by Amritanshu Sikdar on Unsplash

There are 2 things I need to do or I go crazy.

And not like The Shining crazy. Just crazy like my brain won't function properly and I get stuck vacillating between brushing my teeth, cleaning the house, and pacing in circles.


  1. I need to write. Anything and everything
  2. I need to exercise. I prefer ice hockey, but will settle on other options if need be. Ice time is expensive in New Jersey. 


Of course this should go without saying, but I need other human things too: sleep, food, water. 

Beyond that are piles of bloated journals, gigabytes of unfinished word docs, and a collection athletic gear. Stuff I should probably go through and sort, according to Marie Kondo. 

I can’t help it. These are things I need to do, even if completion is not the goal. 

Sometimes the act of doing is all I need. One could probably make that assumption just from the archives of this blog.

I am what I do. I guess we all are.

And if one thing is true, it's that these 2 things are my 2 things.

What are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment