August 24, 2017

Stories by the Sea: LOCALS ONLY Press Release


Tired of the unusually wet summer we've had this year? Need a little more sunshine in your life? Craving a few more solid beach days? I've got a book that can help. It drops this September.


This edition of STORIES BY THE SEA is meant for the beach kids like me. The ones who were born and bred along the shorelines of New Jersey. The true Jersey kids who grew up finding their misplaced surf wax melted to backpacks while the sand sunk between their bedsheets. (Don’t worry, I won’t tell mom.)

There are pieces in this book that I couldn’t put in the standard edition. The audience would’ve been too confused, as I reference things that only other NJ beach kids would understand. The kinds of sentiment that only local summer can pull out of you.

Fair warning:
If you don’t know what local summer is, then this book is not for you.



It’s stories about mindfulness on the east coast of the States. Where everything makes sense. Even when it doesn’t. Whether you get your coffee from Turnstile, Rook, or Coffee Surf, this book will remind you why you haven’t left yet. 

I wrote it on the beach, to be read on the beach.

It is for the beach. For those of you who know what it means to bleed sand and salt water. Those who dawn patrol at sunrise and paddleboard at sunset, all without being glued to their phone. For the ones who take their beach-chair selection very seriously. (If it doesn’t have cup-holders then gtfo.) To the low-tide lovers and the anchored adventure seekers - this is for you - the beloved locals who taught me what this place meant to me. 



I’ve been trying to put that feeling into words ever since. And I still don’t think I’ve done it justice.

All I ask is that you eNJoy, friends. Keep the beach clean and spread the love. 

-------

HYPE:


-------