March 16, 2019

The Art of Fine Tuning [microfiction]

Photo by Markus Spiske on Unsplash

Something is invented. And then begins to evolve. People fine tune until it works better or stops working. Then we invent something else. We create. We build. We manifest. I see this throughout history. Reality bleeds over like leftover porcelain and my heart spills out my pant legs. I try to imagine myself inside of Tesla’s coil: a shard of electricity caught in the noise. Anonymous & omnipotent. Down to the molecular matter. Neuromatic. Artisan. Honing every last gravitational wave so I can surf til my lungs spit dust. It's almost as if someone planned out these ceramic progressions before we took them. Like we invented ourselves before we knew what it meant to be human. From stoneware to software. 

No comments:

Post a Comment