September 7, 2019

Points On Being (a mantra)


I want to be better at being this next year of my life, so I’ve curated some points to help me focus and tune out the noise. I use them like a mantra when meditating and I don’t have enough data to provide any specific qualitative insight. 

What I do know is that they’ve helped pull me from my depression rut since writing Coping Circles. So I figured sharing might help someone out there. 

These are a work-in-progress and by no means the answer. They simply remind me of the things I can control when the things I cannot try to drown me. 


Points On Being:


  • Breath
  • Acceptance
  • Appreciation
  • Love
  • Gratitude
  • Kindness
  • Creativity
  • Confidence
  • Courage
  • Action

I’ve been repeating them under my breath - specifically on the inhale - because there is power in the words one chooses to use. Self-talk is a superpower and the unconscious mind is always listening, as with the others. 

In this day and age we need to be aware of that.

Social media can distort the way we not only perceive the world, but how we behave in it too. I started to notice that in myself when the ad algorithms for Coping Circles kept bringing me down.

So my takeaway here:

We must be aware of our mental diet just as much as our nutritional diet. With these 10 breaths (at minimum), I find myself refreshed, reset, and open-minded.

“Life itself is your teacher, and you are in a state of constant learning.” - Bruce Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment