January 21, 2010

New Ludacris and some forthcoming works

I've been reading American Psycho for the past few weeks. I'm a little over halfway done (pg 247). Each time I read a few chapters, I have to put it down and I can't look at the book for a few days. The book is so... messed up. I don't know how else to describe it. Its so violent; where does Ellis come up with the descriptions? They are so real. I don't know what else to say. I'm just extraordinarily creeped out.

In other news: The Broad Set Writing Collective has a reading at Bluestockings in NYC next Friday, January 29th. See some details.

I have stories forthcoming in the following magazines (and am very proud/excited about each one!): The2ndHand, Squatbox, Radioactive Moat, Nanoism, Venture, and (The Broad Set's print magazine) Avalanche Tinder 3.

January has been an awesome month for me so far! Lots of snowboarding and writing.

But I really need a job. Anyone looking for employees? Shoot me an email!

There is a lot more I want to mention here but I have to go fix my Jeep. The brakes need to be replaced. I'll say it all next time.

---

Currently listening to: Ludacris
Song: How Low
Album: Battle of the Sexes

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad that things are going well for you.

    Are copies of AT2 still available?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the pubs. I shall read them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DJ - They are. Has Pete sent you a copy yet? I'll shoot him an email right now.

    Jason - Haha thanks for the support! Looking forward to the new decomP. I'm pretty excited for it.

    Lucy - Welcome to my site! Hope to see you around!

    ReplyDelete