March 9, 2011

New 50 to 1 Editor Announced

I knew this day would come.

50 to 1 has been like a little literary child to me. I remember the day when Sam and I came up with the idea. We were in our apartment - I was eating a bowl of cereal, he was playing LittleBigPlanet. This was 2008.

Now its 2011. A lot has changed - we're out of college, we have jobs. We're busy. We're sad.

I realized I wasn't going to have the time to dedicate myself to 50 to 1. It needed a new editor. Someone able to give it the attention it deserves. And that's where Dr. Mull comes in. (The first doctor to gain his doctorate without doing anything doctor-related.)

Paul Mullin is the man that will bring 50 to 1 back from the dead. He will feed it, shelter it, teach it and watch it grow to something bigger than its ever been. He's the right man for the job. Don't believe me? Check out his site, his work - it'll convince you, too.

Take this as my announcement, I'm handing the baton to Mull. Take good care of her man. She'll bring you places you never knew existed.

---

Currently listening to: Suicide Machines
Song: No Face
Album: Destruction by Definition

2 comments:

  1. It's a good thing, having the humility to know when to move on. You and I are visionaries in that regard.

    Just think, we started giving up our lit journals before it got all mainstream and stuff.

    ReplyDelete