April 30, 2009

Interview with Sam Cicero

Sam Cicero has a blog here. He is a writer, a photographer, a cartoonist and an educator. He started the zine, Lo-Fidelity, which is on temporary hold. His work has been seen in Venture, 6Sentences and The Abacot Journal, to name a few.




1. What do you want to be interviewed about?
I want to be interviewed about how great I am. Rather, I would like to hear about it, but you ask me questions about how great I am.

2. Too bad. How do you feel about your writing? What about your photography? You're also a very talented cartoonist [which you should start posting on your blog], what do you feel towards that, as well?
I feel like I need to improve my writing a lot. I have developed very little as a writer because I have only written for school and stuff. My photography I'm pretty proud of, but I probably need to develop more that way too. I don't feel like a cartoonist though, it's something I used to do all the time (and the first way that I learned to really express myself but lately I don't do it as much. It's also a bitch to put on blogs.)

3. Do you ever see yourself doing something in the future other than what you went to college for?
All the time.

4. Ideally, what is your ultimate fantasy?
To have statues made in my honor made of material that will withstand the apocalypse in 2012.

5. What have you been listening to lately? Any favorite bands or artists that have fueled any of your present work?
Good question. Andrew Kaspereen got me into the Knux and they're really cool rap/indie stuff. I've been into the Knife since last year but I just got into the Thermals, good indie rock. I am not a fan of bands that do not start with the.

6. Favorite book? Favorite author?
Favorite book right now is "No One Belongs Here More Than You" by Miranda July, but my favorite author is Franz Kafka and will be until I die.

7. If you had a super-power, what would it be?
Flight. Or the ability to look super sexy and influence people.

8. What are your plans for after graduation?
Dying, hopefully. Graduating is making me antsy and nervous.

9. Where do you see yourself in thirty years?
Dead, hopefully. Or having a nice teaching job with a wife and kids. If I don't have that I would like to be traveling as a photographer or something cool.

10. Where do you want to live?
These questions are really difficult. I think I would like to live in Boston soon, but somewhere on the West coast before I die. Something cool has to be going on over there.

11. Do you get any inspiration for your photography from your location?
Sometimes, but it's generally about the people I'm with. Cos I generally bring people that I really like to photograph and I want to show them as people.

12. When you started Lo-Fidelity, did you think twice about what it could turn into?
Yes. I wanted people to love me and my friends.

13. Why did you start Lo-Fi?
I was bored and wanted to read something new.

14. Is it ever going to be taken off hiatus? I know a lot of people are still waiting for Issue 3 to be mailed out. I guess I'm asking if you think there's going to be a future for Lo-Fidelity.
I would like there to be, but I don't know. It's a fuckin' recession out there.

15. If you had to choose between being a Jedi or a Sith Lord, which would you choose?
This might be the ultimate question. Probably a Jedi but practice Sith stuff on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment