November 13, 2008

50 Words

Here are two 50 word stories that I plan on submitting to a 50-word project. Thought you might like to read them.


1.
50 words before dawn
I walked out to the end of the jetty at the inlet before dawn. It was dreary outside and I wanted the overcast to just melt. I guess I was hoping for the sunrise to warm my eyes. But instead I burnt my stomach by spilling coffee down my chest.

2.
50 words after waking up
There was something tickling the back of my legs. It was a spider. I hate spiders. I slapped it off my calf in a girlish manner as I realized the owners of the backyard were staring at me out their window. One smiled, the other laughed. And I was naked.



Tell me what you think.

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha, that second one is hilarious. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the first one feels a bit on the surface, personally i think you could have accomplished more with that.

    i liked the second one. very entertaining (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'm not too much a fan of the first. I was in a beachy mood but whatever. Thanks though.

    ReplyDelete