October 14, 2008

Words

I have been busier in the past two weeks than I have ever been in my entire life. Right now I am surviving off of three hours of sleep and two cans of 16oz. RedBull. My heart feels like it is going to explode.

I read a story by Rick Moody today in this compilation of stories called This I Believe and it made me want to write. So tonight I'm going to do that. I am also going to make music. Because I finally have my guitar AND bass here on campus. I will record stuff and it will be fun.


Aside from my pointless filler information that you don't really care about, I found this poem in my notebook from my Wednesday night class:



Too Much

Aluminum can dented like sheet metal pounded by hammers,
His eyes focus on every scattered angle.
Blankly, unconsciously, hatefully
His head falls between his knees as the carbonated contents of the container
Refuse to remain within him.
And he will spit,
And he will drool,
Thinking only of the spinning ceiling.
Then finally he will black out up against a wall
And uncontrollably piss his jeans.

No comments:

Post a Comment